PLANNING RESOURCES PDF
The mission of the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome is to inform, advise and support those wishing to undertake the journey from Canterbury to Rome, or any part of it, on foot or by bicycle. All the information contained in this resource booklet comes from our web pages, and is freely available.
We have now compiled all these planning resources into a pdf which can be downloaded to phone or tablet, to take with you on your journey, or to your computer of course, with the possibility of printing relevant pages. Click on the link in red to view.
The Confraternity is a small charity whose income, like that of most others, has dropped sharply during the Covid-19 pandemic. This pdf is free, but you might like to donate to the Confraternity, or please consider joining us to receive our regular e-newsletters and our annual printed journal. To do so visit the ‘Join Us’ page.
- Walking the Via Francigena
- Cycling the Via Francigena
- The pilgrim credential
- The Testimonium
- When to go
- Guide to crossing the Great St Bernard Pass
- Safety for the solo woman pilgrim
- Travel in the Schengen Zone for non-EU nationals (including UK citizens after 31 December 2020
- Dover to Calais as a foot passenger
- A packing list
- Maps covering the Via Francigena
- Apps to use on the Via Francigena