Are you a first time pilgrim thinking of walking or cycling the Camino, or the Via Francigena to Rome – or maybe a pilgrimage closer to home?
All those practical questions you think everyone already knows the answers to…here’s your chance to ask them yourself, and listen to some experienced pilgrims give their take on those all-important practicalities.
Practical Pilgrim Talks will be hosted by the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome in Dover at St Mary’s Parish Centre on Saturday 24 September, and will discuss
- pilgrimage on a budget – how can you keep those costs down?
- what to take – and what not
- walking as a solo female – is it safe? how to keep yourself safe? how to stop those at home worrying!
- cycling the pilgrimage routes of Europe routes
- how Brexit affects your trip
- dogs on pilgrimage – should you take your pet? encountering pastoral and guard dogs
- and much more – Q&A panel
Knowledge is power – and reassurance -so, if you want any tips or tricks, take a look at https://kentdowns.org.uk/events/practical-pilgrim-talks/ and click on this link to book your place now.